5 Tips for Creating a Great Logo
January 02 , 2016 | Written by: Azhar Siddiqui
If you want to get your customers and targeted audience involved with your products, it is important to focus on branding. The right logo and branding can strengthen your brand image, promote your business’ professionalism and tell your prospects how important quality is for you.Here are 5 tips to help you create a successful logo for your business:
- Understand Your Brand & LogoYour logo is responsible for introducing your prospects to your brand. So your logo must be designed in a way that it appeals your targeted audience. This will involve defining your brand, finding out who your targeted audience is, and the kind of imagery that your audience is likely to get drawn to.It will be helpful if your logo has a deep meaning. But it should not have such a deep and complicated meaning that your audience never gets it. Instead of investing so much time in adding ‘meaning’ to your logo, it is important to make it easy to understand.
- Create a Versatile LogoThe more versatile your logo design is the more popular it will become. So make sure that your logo looks good everywhere it goes, whether it is on big posters or your business card or on a coffee mug.
- Choice of ColorNot every logo out there is designed to be printed in the same color. But depending upon your brand, product and company message, your logo may need to be in a few select colors. Green, yellow and blue are ideal colors for environmental businesses. So make sure to consider your business message and determine the right colors to match it.Each color has a unique meaning too. You should also consider those meanings when choosing the right color.At the same time, your business model and niche may give you more versatility with the choice of the color. Your logo symbol and/or wordmark may be highly versatile and could be displayed in different places in different colors.Thus, the choice of the color(s) will typically depend on your business.
- Choice of Symbol or WordmarkThe next thing to consider is whether your logo will comprise of symbol or wordmark or both. If yours is a new business, you cannot just rely on the symbol. You will need to combine the symbol and logotype for proper representation.It will take a lot of time and a lot of promotion before your symbol is well known. You should also take into account your company name when designing your logo.
- Your Logo Must Have a MeaningYour logo design should tell a story. Don’t just design something that represents artwork. A logo must have a connect with the product it represents and the business backing it.In fact, a great logo will have two stories – the clear one and the hidden one!When you have a great logo, your customers and prospects will come asking for the hidden story behind it. And if you are able to tell them that it is not just a design that comprises of simple and shallow artwork, but that it has deep meaning and an ideology behind it, you will be successful with the design. People will love it and will also love to share the story with others.
So whether you are designing a new logo for your business or you want to redesign it, make sure to consider the above-mentioned tips. They will help you create a logo that stands for your business and the products or services you are offering.